Have you been watching #ThirteenReasonsWhy on Netflix? It’s about suicide, and the main character tells you why she did it.
Why? She didn’t feel loved. She felt forgotten. She didn’t know she was wanted. She didn’t realize she mattered.
So here, my friend, is a list of reasons why you matter- thirteen to be exact.
- You are beloved (Jeremiah 31:3).
- You are a child of God (1 John 3:1).
- You are delighted in (Zephaniah 3:17).
- You are wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14).
- God made you because you matter.
- You are loved even in your brokenness (Romans 5:8).
- You are NOT what you have done (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- You have never been, and never will be, forgotten (Isaiah 49:15).
- You are NOT condemned (Romans 8:1).
- You impact people (James 5:20).
- The Lord FIGHTS FOR YOU (Exodus 14:14).
- You are hand picked, chosen, and wanted (1 Peter 2:9).
- You are righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21).
Better things are yet to come, sister. The Lord has plans to prosper you, not to harm you (Jeremiah 29:11). You have a guaranteed victory (Psalm 18:35).
Oh, friend, I know you feel alone. But please know that the Lord sings "you've got a friend in me" softly to your heart- you are NEVER alone
— Cami Hall (@joybyjesus) August 9, 2017
You matter. If you impact just one person with your story, you’ve begun to change the world.
It’s so much bigger than you. This earth. His plan. Set your eyes on heaven, you have citizenship there. You’ve been adopted, you’re called daughter, you’re called friend. Sister, you matter.